Friday, November 15, 2013

Good People: Chapter 17: Romance and Tough Decisions



Chapter 17


On one holiday when Shaan and Kelly were together and generally chitchatting, Kelly shifted closer to Shaan, such that Shaan could feel the warmth of her entire body, she said, “I am in different mood today. I feel like getting more personal with you. Will you answer one very important question I am going to ask you?”

“No problem.”

“But you have to be absolutely frank with me. If you feel like answering only then answer but do tell me the truth.”

“I am always truthful to you, you know about it.”

“I know that. But my query is going to be a bit sensitive and that’s why all of this prelude.”

“Now please keep this prelude aside and come to the point. The mystery is killing me. So please hurry up and shoot your question.”

“I know that you are not a married guy. But do you have any girl friend?” She was pretty nervous; she did not know what Shaan’s reply would be.

“No, I don’t have any.”

“Did you love any girl before?”

“Yes and no.”

“Shaan, that’s why I asked you to be truthful. Now I see that you are dillydallying. Come straight or forget about my curiosity. Just don’t answer.”

“I am being absolutely truthful. I did love a girl immensely once upon a time. But I stopped loving that girl completely quite long time back. She has no place whatsoever in mind and heart now.”

“Who was that lucky one whom you loved so much and why is she so unlucky now that you do not love her at all? How is that possible? Is it that easy to do so?”

“Kelly, I will tell you everything. First let us order a pot of hot coffee. It’s a bit longish story. I need to tell you over a cup of coffee.”

They ordered a pot of coffee between two of them. Kelly was still close to Shaan and she adjusted herself closer to him. Shaan felt a bit different today about Kelly’s overall behavior towards him. But whatever was happening between Kelly and him he liked it.

The coffee came and he started reeling out the entire story. He told her how he met Medhavi after colliding with her in the college corridor and instantly fell in love with her. He told Kelly each and every detail of the things that happened between Medhavi and him.

Kelly heard the entire story non-stop. At the end of the story she became quite sentimental. Her heart went out to Shaan and she found it natural on her part to plant a kiss of mixed emotions on Shaan’s lips. She said, “Don’t tell me any more.”

Then they sat together for a long time holding each other’s palms without speaking a word to each other.

Afterwards they walked back to Kelly’s home hand in hand. No one spoke with each other. Silence suited both of them under the given situation. After bidding good night to her at her doorstep, he retreated to his apartment. 

Shaan felt released of his pent-up emotions. 

Kelly felt satisfied learning Shaan’s story. Why? She was not aware of.

………………….

Medhavi came home from office. Samskara was home too. 

He enquired matter of fact, “Hey you got late from office? More workload?”

“No, the usual. But today boss requested me to stay a bit late. His entire day was crowded with one meeting or the other. But he thought that my meeting him was important.”

“Anything really important?”

“Yes. A new project is coming up in Japan. He wanted a few persons from here to join the Japan team. So I have been earmarked as I have all the skill sets that they need there. I will have to shift to Japan for an year or so within next one month or earlier. The company will make every bit of arrangements for me there.”

“But don’t you think one year is quite a long period?”

“But I may travel back and forth between US and Japan during this period as per the company’s needs. So it should be OK, I suppose.”

“OK. Let us see how this whole thing takes shape.”

Medhavi was happy to notice that Samskara did not object to her shifting to Japan. Perhaps because she would be able to travel back and forth between US and Japan and one year will not feel like a long period.

Medhavi was happy that she was finally getting her private space away from Samskara. She needed it badly. She needed to think over the issues that were creating some serious problems between her and Samskara. She needed clarity on them. She thought that she could do so by being away from Samskara for some time.

(Get your copy of the novel "Good People" as an eBook from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009BHH37G  only for $ 0.99. You may also like to get its Printed Book from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Good-People-Dream-Boundary-World/dp/1479333085/ref=sr_1_8_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380916602&sr=1-8&keywords=shyam+bhatawdekar%27s+books)

Novels and Stories

Novel "Good People" http://good-people-novel.blogspot.com/
Funny (and Not So Funny) Short Stories http://management-anecdotes.blogspot.com/
Stories Children Will Love http://stories-children.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment