Thursday, October 17, 2013

Good People: Chapter 5: Contemporary Romance



Chapter 5

Medhavi was lazing around in her bedroom oblivious of what time of the day it was. The vacation after the final examination had started and it was the perfect time to compensate the hard work put in for examination by getting into a bit of indulgence. 

Her cell phone rang. It was Shaan on the line.

“Hey Medhavi. Let me congratulate you on making it. The results are out just now.”

“Did I top?”

“Were you aiming at topping the list? Then let me withdraw my congrats. I never knew that you wanted to beat me; now looking back that comes to me as a serious blow.”

“Hey, cool down. I did not mean it. How could I ever even think of snatching your crown? Yet just a funny thought crept my mind and so I asked. Hope my grades are not far behind yours.”

She was almost in tears for not making it the final time too.

“That’s the reason I called you immediately. Had you scored a few more marks you would have topped. Accept my heartiest congratulations. Will see you soon after I am done with the guys around.”

And she did it again. She cried her heart out. She once again wept endlessly. Wasn’t she used to it year after year? She once again hated Shaan for overtaking her. But today she did not wash her anger by the tears gushing out of her eyes. The hurt and the anger had entered deep in her heart. She was furious and indignant and she remained so even after crying buckets.

And she thought of a plan to hurt Shaan.

When later in the day Shaan came to meet her, she congratulated him by planting another passionate kiss- by now she had perfected the tricks Shaan had shown her. Then she made him sit opposite him and kept staring at him with few drops of tears still left in the corners of her eyes.

Shaan thought that she was getting sentimental. He asked, “What’s the matter Medhavi? You seem to be sad? Why?”

Medhavi tried to wipe the tears and said, “Shaan, before we go our own ways, I wish to tell you something. However that just does not mean I will impose myself on you. It is just an admittance of something nice that happened to me and I need to share with you. Nothing else.” 

“OK. Tell me what it is?”

“I have started loving you Shaan.”

“Wow. That’s great news. So far I thought that mine was a one sided affair with you. I resisted declaring my love to you till date; I was very much afraid of rejection.”

And they embraced each other for duration unknown.

Ultimately Shaan proposed, “Medhavi, will you marry me?” 

Medhavi was exactly waiting for this. She thought that now she could start rolling over her plan systematically.

She drew Shaan close to her, “I am so happy today. From the very first day we collided with each other, I was looking forward to hearing this from you. Should we wait till we get jobs and settle down in our careers somewhat? And one more thing. My dad will like to meet his future son-in-law. He is so very curious to meet you. I had hinted him at this possibility just a few days ago.”

The proposed meeting was a critical part of her plan.

“Ah, sure. It will be my pleasure to meet your dad, of course. Let me know when I get to meet him. And we will definitely wait till we settle down somewhat in our professional activities. But before then let us put a formal stamp on our unity.”

“My father would be very pleased to put that seal.”

(Get your copy of the novel "Good People" as an eBook from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009BHH37G  only for $ 0.99. You may also like to get its Printed Book from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Good-People-Dream-Boundary-World/dp/1479333085/ref=sr_1_8_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380916602&sr=1-8&keywords=shyam+bhatawdekar%27s+books)

Novels and Stories

Novel "Good People" http://good-people-novel.blogspot.com/
Funny (and Not So Funny) Short Stories http://management-anecdotes.blogspot.com/
Stories Children Will Love http://stories-children.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment